Listening to the Universe
I haven't written a blog post in over three months and stopped listening to what the universe was telling me. When I launched this site I was getting into a nice little groove, posting once a week and picking up followers. It was exciting. I even made a connection to a reader who felt ashamed about their own struggles and felt my writing helped her face reality about her condition. All was on smooth street….
Then this happened.
During the month of May I hit one of the biggest lows of my life. I wasn't even clear on all that had happened until the end of July. I was in such a fog that it felt my life stopped. It hadn't of course!!!!
In reality, life was moving at full speed. My entire existence changed overnight. I no longer had a full-time job. I just underwent surgery and wasn't in full recovery. AND my anxiety attacks came at me with full force!!! I could barely get out of bed. I lost all sense of myself. I knew I wasn't taking of myself, I wasn't at the right job, I wasn't there for those I love. I stopped listening to my true self. The time had come to face reality. Basically, I was blown out of my comfort zone and could no longer go backward.
The universe was talking to me and I had better listen!
True to the work I am encouraging women to do, I chose me over the past few months. I started looking for the real Elly. As much as I wanted this business to thrive, I had to come back to center in order to do right by all of you!
I made stronger decisions about my health. I prioritized myself and came out better for it. I have had so much support and so many people rooting for I didn't want to disappoint them.
Most importantly, I didn't want to disappoint myself!
What did I do???
I started listening to the Universe and...
1. I started taking anxiety medication again. The first time I was diagnosed, I took medication for only three months. As soon as I felt better, I stopped. That wasn't the best decision for my health. This time around, I am focused on the things that will help my anxiety stay at bay so I can enjoy my best life.
2. I have a strong morning routine. This has been absolutely critical for my how my day goes. I feel more secure and start my day with a clear head. I will go into more detail in another post but here is a general idea. After I wake up:
- Drink hot lemon water
- Respond to daily reflection question
- Read and visualize six-month goals
- Write one page for what I am grateful
- Read bible, and reflect
- Pray, meditate and stretch
This might seem like a long process but it all takes less than 30 minutes. Following this routine and truly listening to myself makes a world of difference for my life.
3. I am focusing on my passions! I have many and I had neglected them. Staying true to doing what I love means I enjoy every part of my day and life! The universe was telling me to make a change and I had to start here. I had to identify what I love doing, why I love doing it and how I can make it all happen!
I am excited to be back on this journey with all of you. I have some exciting posts to share with you all over the next few weeks!
Lesson Learned: When the Universe is talking, you better listen!
Thank you so much for reading. The more we share, the more people we can help! And if this post touched you somehow I would appreciate it if you could share with your friends. Feel free to also follow the conversation on my Facebook Page or on Twitter - @chooseyoubeyou